In collaboration with the Partnership for Drug Free Kids, SafeLaunch is offering Parent Weekend Workshops in Santa Barbara to provide families with effective, research based strategies for helping loved ones who are struggling with a substance use disorder or addiction.
This Parent Support Network workshop is offered by the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids to parents who are struggling with a teen or young adult who is considering or using drugs and alcohol.
The Workshop includes:
- Two, four-hour group sessions with a trained parent coach who has personally experienced the challenges of teen substance use.
- A resource book entitled, The Parent’s 20 Minute Guide
How can this workshop help me? The workshop can:
- Provide a safe place to talk about your struggles
- Suggest ways to talk to your loved one about substance use
- Develop strategies to engage your loved one in healthy behaviors
- Help with effective alternatives to punishment and enabling
- Assist in improving collaboration between parents/caregivers
- Direct you to other useful resources
What does it cost?
The workshop is $80 per person for two, four-hour group sessions, which includes The Parent’s 20 Minute Guide and all handouts.
How do I sign up?
Fill out the form HERE to be added to the wait-list. You will be contacted with the first available workshop weekend.
Who can I talk to if I have more questions about the content of the workshop?
Please call the Partnership for Drug Free Kids’ parent specialist Cathy Taughinbaugh at 925-984-1562.
Help yourself and your loved one now, click here or on the image below.